Sunday, February 24, 2013

Updates - Workouts: Insanity!, Food Journal

So, this past week I've started getting back into my fitness routine of working out ~1 hour for 5-6 days a week. Also, I've been cleaning up my eating, for the most part.

For fitness, I did one day of Tae Bo (now I have that body bar that he uses! I used to use just plain separate hand weights). I did the Fat Burning Amped one. My arms were so sore the next day. The bar isn't that heavy (half as heavy as the weights I used before), but it worked my arms out differently.

I went to the gym once - did the 30 minute Les Mills CXWorx class for the core (lots of planks, some mat work and some work with bands). My sister and I used to go every Monday, but we stopped when our schedules got too hectic. Afterwards, I ran on the treadmill (intervals of 3.5 speed w/15 incline, 7.5-8 speed w/1 incline and 30 second sprints of 12 speed w/1 incline). I ate beforehand (not a good idea, but I went with my sister who didn't eat all day and I didn't want her working out on an empty stomach at 6pm), so called it a day after half an hour as I thought I was going to be sick. I usually try to work in some weight training, but since I started CXWorx again, it's recommended to do cardio and not weights afterward.

CXWorx's Info (go here to find a gym that has this class near you:  http://w3.lesmills.com/global/en/classes/cxworx/about-cxworx/ )


The next day, we had a lot of snow and sleet. I shoveled for 2 hours. I could really feel my abs bracing and they were sore from the day before. With the sleet on top, the snow was really heavy... I think it was about 4 inches. That was my workout for the day. I was drenched by the end of it. And not by snow. Work hard, sweat hard.

The rest of the days, I did the new Blogilates' series HIITilates and some segments from her DVD. Love her and her videos - she keeps me motivated with her happy-go-lucky upbeat personality.

-----------------------------------------


I made the decision to get started on Insanity again! I took some photos to see how much muscle I had lost during my winter "hibernation" and noticed that I had lost some of the definition in my back. So, back to Insanity. I think it'll help me get fittest the fattest (say that 3 times fast! haha) by summer. Not only because of the program itself, but having the schedule helps me not skip a workout. I think I'll be skipping the "fit test" until the end though and just sub another workout in for that day. I did it before, but stopped after the 1st week of Month 2 as I kept getting sick and was sick most of winter (my antibiotics for my skin really weakened my immune system and my sister's a nurse who is allergic to the flu shot... so she got sick often and I would catch everything). 

My first day was today. Good gracious. I didn't think it would be that hard, since I did Month 1 before. Wrongo. I always feel like the warm-up is one of the hardest parts. Also, the part where you're in the static stretches and you work on your hip flexors - bend one knee and lift the other behind you and pull it into you. For some reason, that one is so difficult for me. Also, I want to work on my speed. I'm fine with the normal Heisman, but with the 3-2-1 Heisman (I think it's called?) and any of the ones where you do "quick feet," I tend to fall behind. And the pushups. I mean, these were only the Level 1 Push-up Drills and I thought I wouldn't be able to get through them. I did, but geez (Level 1 Drills remind me of burpees... but with 4 push-ups followed up by plank mountain climbers when you're on the ground). This makes me really want to get back into shape, haha. 

Afterwards, I did an 18 minute arm workout from Blogilates. I absolutely love this workout. I did this really often last year when I was trying to tone up my arms (even though I still need to burn off some of the fat on top... but muscle helps burn it... so... eh).


------------------------------------------

Food-wise, I've been eating fairly well since mid-January. I think I'll start to keep a food journal here for reference or if anyone's interested. It's not going to be perfect, but I am trying to eat clean most of the time. This will also keep me accountable.

2/24/2013 Sunday
Beverages: 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup of green tea, several cups of filtered water (usually drink about 5 16 oz cups), 1 cup of detox tea. I'm typically very well-hydrated, haha. 

Breakfast: Half an avocado with some lime, a pinch of sea salt and pepper on top, and then a few drops of Frank's Red Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce with some Raw Organic White Cheddar cheese on top and broiled. Not super healthy, but you get healthy fats from the Avocado.


Lunch: Leftovers, haha. Brown rice cooked with some flax seeds and chicken tikka masala. I used about 1 tsp of coconut oil, 1 bag of skinless chicken breasts, nonfat greek yogurt, 3 jalapenos, 1 can of Trader Joe's Light Coconut Milk (in place of heavy cream), 1 minced onion, 5 minced garlic cloves (...I really like garlic), 2 diced tomatoes, 2 cartons of tomato sauce (I prefer cartons... canned tomatoes taste metallic and the acid from the tomatoes can release some harmful substances from the can itself) and added some tumeric to the chicken (for the added health benefits). Makes a ton of servings that I'll be digging into all week (unless my sister stops by... she'll likely devour a good portion). Did not add any salt until the end... and I only added 1 tsp to the whole thing as it's plenty flavorful without.


Snack 1: Handful of raw almonds. I've also been eating these as they're good for your skin. Just don't overdo it. 

Snack 2: Protein Shake (1 scoop of ON's Natural Whey & Oats Vanilla Protein Powder, 1 scoop of Trader Joe's Very Green Wheatgrass/Alfalfa/Barley/Spinach/etc. mix, handful of frozen raspberries, 2 frozen strawberries and filtered water). This followed immediately after Insanity and before Awesomesauce Arms. I  usually add more to it, but knew that dinner would follow not too long after.

Dinner: half a block of Trader Joe's Organic Sprouted Tofu cooked on the pan with a tsp of coconut oil. Used some soy sauce to dip the ends in for flavor while eating (careful, if you're watching sodium. I don't eat a lot of sodium, so I usually don't worry, but I usually don't use a lot of soy sauce). Ate this with a baked sweet potato (baked on foil for 40 minutes @ 425 F) and a roasted beet (drizzle washed beet with olive oil, wrap up in aluminum foil, bake for 1 hour @ 425 F).

....I ate less greens than I usually do, but all in all, I don't think it was too awful for my meals for today. I might snack on some spinach or something later, haha. Yes, I'm a total weirdo.

I'll work on some beauty/skincare hauls later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Love always,
Marie



No comments:

Post a Comment

web usage statistics