Saturday, March 16, 2013

Fitness/Health/Life Updates

So, at the beginning of this week I had a family emergency. After the hospital (everyone's alright now), we went out for Chinese food. I really dislike Chinese food (I used to love it) mainly because my family always wants to eat Chinese and I'm really burnt out on it. Always might be an overstatement. My family doesn't eat out much. Like... once a month, but for me, that's too frequent for Chinese food. Unless it's a nicer Chinese restaurant. I'm not one for buffets.

Anyway, I wasn't too bad - I ate one small plate of chicken dishes with some rice and a side of crab rangoon. Not healthy, but considering my asian family and friends tend to get like 3 plates loaded with food, 1 plate wasn't too bad. For dessert I ate oranges. Mmm.

I've taken a break from Insanity due to stress and I have a shin splint now... I've been sort of out of shape since I'm less active in the winter. I wasn't feeling the best emotionally this week. I think this was reflected in my activity levels this week and my eating habits (not horrible, but not as healthy as I'd like). Trying to stay positive though. Just exhausted.

I did, however, make it a point to go to the gym on Wednesday for group classes for 1.5 hours and then do a little light jogging afterwards. Thursday I had plans with a friend and stayed out all day, but Friday I hit the gym for another 1.5 hours. I did some interval jogging on the treadmill for about 40 minutes, lifted for about 25 minutes (upper body) and then walked up an incline of 6 the rest of the time.

So yeah. Next week, I'm celebrating my birthday by going out to eat. All day. Ha. But the next day, I'll go strict on my diet and remain strict until a friend's wedding next weekend. If all goes well, I'll remain fairly strict. Just so I can detox and get the cravings out of my system that inevitably occur when I let myself indulge more than I usually do. And I'll probably be somewhat bloated, so I want to detox/get rid of the bloat before the wedding, so I can feel confident in my dress. I will leave room for flexibility, but I also want to up the ante and change it up a bit. I'll probably focus on my arms unless my shins feel much better (they're getting there).

"Just remember our emotions are like a roller coaster. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down; sometimes you're upside down for a minute, then right side up the next. Normally, when people achieve their goals, their outlook on life is bright and cheery. They burst with positive emotions. However, when disappointment and frustration come their way, high enthusiasms dampen in a flash. Don't worry as the song goes "BE HAPPY" as its good for your health!!!" Fitness Food and Style (on Facebook)


That's it for now. Hope you all are doing great and having an amazing weekend!

Love, Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

web usage statistics