Monday, March 4, 2013

Subscription Boxes / Birchbox-Women's Health Collaboration Box?

So, I'm really excited - this morning I saw that Birchbox was teaming up with Women's Health to create a Wellness Subscription Box for April. Yay - two of my favorite things in one! Beauty and Health.


Click the link above to read more about the collaboration and how to sign up. If you're already a Birchbox subscriber, I think you get to choose if you want the Women's Health collab box or to just receive a regular Birchbox box.

I actually was on Birchbox's waitlist and was emailed a few weeks ago that I could join them. However, I opted out, since I decided to go with Ipsy after seeing this video.


I like how they compare the two and also compare prices (This is January. Birchbox value: ~$18-20 and the Ipsy value:~$35). I see that they also compared February and the price difference was crazy. The value for the Birchbox box was $12.26 and the Ipsy value was $61.74 (both are $10/month subscriptions). Their "hey guysssss" at the beginning of their videos sort of irks me, haha. But I do like that they take the time to compare both boxes each month.

I did, however, sign up for the Women's Health/Birchbox Collab, since it sounds interesting.

I also am really interested in the eco-friendly subscription boxes, like Seasons Box, etc. They do tend to be a little costly, but sometimes eco-friendly products cost more... and it seems like they give you full size products.

I like the idea behind subscription boxes though... you can try several products without investing in full-sizes and it introduces you to brands that you might not be aware of. When I leave the country though (should be in the next few months, fingers crossed), I'll have to unsubscribe. But, Korea is very generous with their samples. Anytime I would buy anything, they would shove a handful of samples into my bag. 

Anyway, getting ready to do some Insanity. Need to mentally prepare myself, haha.

Love always, 
Marie


1 comment:

  1. I did, however, sign up for the Women Health/Birchbox Collab, since it seems to be interesting.
    tubal ligation reversal

    ReplyDelete

web usage statistics