Monday, March 4, 2013

Sunday was Thigh Day

So, today was  Plyometric Cardio Circuit (same as the first day). Yesterday I was running late and didn't have time to do a full Insanity workout, so I just did some quick HIIT workouts (Blogilates' 100 Burpee Challenge & then I just free-styled the rest, haha).

I have to remind myself to switch sides when I do the stretches after the workout, as Shaun T only does the right side for the hip flexor move where you're balancing on one leg and the other is at a 90 degree angle... and you pull it into yourself (forgive me, don't know what this is called).

Also, tried this workout with my Nikes, as they provide more arch support than my minimalist shoes, but my right arch still was achy. I noticed it during the football drills. I think it's because I balance on the front of my foot with that move. I'll try and watch them and see what I need to do and adjust accordingly.

I'm already feeling my body changing, if ever-so-slightly. I feel stronger/more muscular in my core/hip area. Also, I was able to keep up with them during the 3-step Heisman. Though, the Suicide Drills, I did fall behind (I know he says to go at your own pace, but I try to push myself to keep up, if I'm capable).

I've been checking my heart rate during the 30 sec. breaks and it's consistently in the upper 80s-97%. I don't actually wear my heart rate monitor during Insanity, since it pinches when I do the planks/push-ups.

I'm also confused about the name of this particular workout... I didn't feel like there was a lot of plyometrics involved (I feel like there were way more in some of the other videos). The only one I can think of are the Basketball Drills (Jumps? Sorry, I can never remember names...) and Ski Jumps. I do feel incredibly exhausted after this workout though. And I really like the addition that's tacked on to the end with some extra moves (jabs, uppercut, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I felt that there was a lot of work that centered on the thighs/lower body (or, that's where I felt the workout the most... lots of squats and such) in the Plyometric Cardio Circuit, I decided to do some Blogilates' workouts that focused on the thighs afterwards.
~4 min


~4 min


~14 min.

I've done these 3 videos all before and love them. I especially repeat the first two (as they're easy to fit in). I'm trying to shoot for 1 hour workout every day (5-6 times a week).


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, I made a "healthy" (healthier?) deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie. With chickpeas and oatmeal. I cut the sugar down (as others suggested in the comments) and subbed in Splenda Brown Sugar (I don't like the aftertaste of regular Splenda, but their brown sugar tastes almost like the real deal. I wish there was a Stevia version though...). I also don't like too much chocolate, so I used mini semi-sweet chips and reduced the amount. I also used coconut oil. This could easily be a vegan dessert (use carob chips, etc.) and is gluten free.

I halved the recipe and gave some away to my family members. My sister dropped by especially to try it and said it tasted really great, but the texture was a little different. My mom ate a bite and was like, "are there beans in this?" Haha. I guess I couldn't fool her. I personally could taste the beans, though they were more subtle. I really like that it has a gooey texture.



And I noticed lately I haven't been in the mood to cook anything for breakfast. So, I'm making an overnight slow-cooker steel cut oatmeal (almond cherry). I can just eat it in the morning, and I'll be good to go. I can also refrigerate the rest and eat it for the next couple of days.

I cut out the butter and subbed in coconut oil and might add some walnuts in the morning. Also, added in some cinnamon and fresh blueberries and cut down the amount of dried cherries.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Food today: I felt a little out of it/exhausted, so my sister picked me up some Chipotle as a surprise for lunch. With brown rice, fajita veggies, chicken, guac, pico and lettuce.

Also ate a piece of the chickpea cookie dough pie (between breakfast and lunch), eggs benedict on a whole wheat english muffin for breakfast (with tumeric, parsley, sea salt, cayenne for seasoning and one yolk w/fresh lemon for the sauce).

Then, for dinner, right after my workout, I juiced some cucumbers, carrots and a tomato and blended with spinach, unsweetened coconut milk, filtered water, protein powder, Trader Joe's Very Green powder, mixed berries and flaxseed.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Goals this week: sleep at a more appropriate time.... (yeah, it's almost 3am now... oops). Also, eat more vegetables (try to fit more veggies into breakfast meals...).

No comments:

Post a Comment

web usage statistics